Apr 12, 2010

GRAMS SEWING SCHOOL

My sweet Hailey tuned 10 so I got her a sewing machine for her birthday. The grand daughters are always in my sewing room making things with my machines which thrills me no end so I decided to really encourage it.
I had her for a sleep-over and we got busy.
DSCF3075
We started out by learning how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine.
DSCF3076
Sewing a straight line was not a problem.
DSCF3077
The first thing we made was a pillowcase.
DSCF3084
Then we moved on to a basic elastic waist skirt.
DSCF3078 
So proud. (Both of us.)
DSCF3081 
And a headband to match.
DSCF3086
Then a dress…
DSCF3094
And last of all a drawstring bag.
DSCF3097
We had so much fun!

9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

That is so wonderful...for the both of you! She is just so cute too. I just noticed that our blog back grounds are the same..cool! Come say hi :D

Debby said...

Wow, you got alot accomplished. So cute. What a good Grams you are.

elaine said...

Way to go, Hailey!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh, this post had me smiling from beginning to end. You are the BEST Grams ever. Everything turned out darling!
Thank you for your prayers regarding my mom. She had the "cement" procedure done today. It looks good so far. Time will tell.
Mary Lou

Anne Fannie said...

How cute and what a lovely gift to give a grand daughter turning 10. She is so lucky to have a grandmother like you to teach her to sew!
Ann

Mimi Sue said...

She did a great job. You guys got a lot done. Do you need to go do something fun? Mimi

Sassy said...

YOU ARE THE BEST GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!! What a great gift for your granddaughter.....will you be doing that for each one...I love this idea!

Unknown said...

Oh, how wonderful! I am going to tell my friend Joyce about your gorgeous blog. She is a grandmother too and loves to sew. Hailey did a magnificent job too.

So nice to meet you.


Karen

Ferrill said...

What a blessed little girl to have a grandma that would give her the gift of sewing!